BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I can resume blogging now that I finished my thesis

Had a really rough stretch mid-October

The newbie circle of death
A really good article from another poker site
Consider me a newbie @ 100NL full ring
I was lucky I lost so damn little during my low points, when I was open-limping 72s



Lesson learned at a cheap price

From now on
1) Play fewer tables -- I can't handle more than 6
2) Table select better -- put away my ego and target the fish
3) Play like I care about the money

Blog entries are incomplete without recent hand analyses:

Oct 29 PM
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305858 QTh not the worst stacking off but certainly not optimally played
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305861 86d ......
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305859 AJd can't possibly misplay this one
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305863 64h decent extraction
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305866 QJh turn puke
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305867 99 let's just say opponent is a donkey

Oct 29 late night. Excellent opponent selection on this day.
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305308 Q8h the well-discussed weak fold
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305321 QQ Stack-a-donk part I
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305326 Q2d Stack-a-donk part II
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305323 KQc I think ppazz was totally confused by my strong donkbet
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305322 T9d Successful stack-a-donk. Even if he simply missed on river I would still scoop up a 200BB pot.
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305857 QQ =( Please fold turn

Oct 30 PM
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305708 97 Based on opponent's play I wasn't scared by the turn 10 at all.
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305715 KJ In retrospect it was a bad turn check. Trip Kings are not going anywhere, while I miss significant value from flush draws.
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305757 AA Not exactly a fist-pump shove but Aces held
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305775 66 Satisfactory extraction
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/305782 QQ Zero marks for style

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home