BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tofino Trip, July 20-22

We knew the weather was going to be bad this weekend, but everything from accommodation to sightseeing trips was booked in advance, plus Arielle was about to leave town for good. Basically we were going no matter what.

Our B&B inn was located in Ucluelet, a small town 1/2 hour drive from Tofino. Our original plan was to do kayaking right after we arrived on Friday, but the weather was too miserable, so we decided to postpone and hope that the conditions would be better Sunday morning.

We went for some seafood dinner, and some SNG pokah (both online and against each other) in the evening.

Saturday was the whale-watching and hot-spring tour. During our boat ride to the hot spring island we spotted a killer whale, some sea otters, seals, sea lions, and other wildlife. All that while I was fighting sea-sickness on the rocky boat in the rough ocean. The hike to the hot spring (Maquinna Marine Prov. Park) was relaxing, and the springs were supernice.

Sunday we went ahead with 3 hrs of kayaking. The waves made me sea-sick again -- I guess marine-sports are simply not my thing. I still put forth my best effort at the back of the double-kayak. Arielle seemed to enjoyed it. BTW I can't imagine how easy it would be to kayak under nice weather and in sheltered waters, such as Deep Cove, North Van.

Some pictures:

Conditions were never better than this


I just flopped a set of Queens in this $13 6-man SNG (bottom)


Dinner, day 1: me slurping my seafood broth


Interesting carvings on the wooden trail


Arielle and I


The hot spring


Sexy boy


Dinner day 2


Just an appealing mix of seafood


Kayaking


I think I am exhausted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home