BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Friday, March 16, 2007

Mar 13 early evening was a bit of a grind, but I was able to translate my work (or play) into $45 over 643 hands for a win rate of 14+ PTBB per 100 hands.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907000
My AQ got smoked again, this time by 2 pairs, for a 120 BB pot. Obviously I should have 1) raised more preflop, and 2) fold river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907001
Flopped an ass end straight from the BB, but my shortie opponent turned the boat, and I couldn't get away.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907002
AsAh got cracked again. This time my opponent chased the flush for the wrong price, hit it anyways, and then his hand held up.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907003
I came up with the idea of playing my premium hands (AA/KK/QQ/AK) slow preflop against aggressive opponents. So far I had mixed results, this hand being a good one. Opponent pushed all-in with TT, even on a bad board.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907004
Another KK hand, this one I played fast, some donkey opponent pushed on a 873 flop. Since his image was bad, it was an easy call for me. He had middle pair, and my Kings held up.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907006
Set against TPTK is even nicer than set vs. overpair, coz opponent would need runner-runner cards to suck me out. Here my opponent called my flop all-in, and my set of 5s held up for a very nice pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907007
The value check. Against out-of-line opponents and donkeys sometimes it works best to let them hand themselves by announcing weakness. Like here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?907008
QQ hand. I don't know what overpair opponent has, but since he played weakly on the flop and turn I put him on JJ/TT rather than AA/KK. I was rewarded with a 160BB pot when I stuck with my read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home