BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Monday, March 05, 2007

Long update

I went on a losing streak in SNG so I reverted back to 6-max ring games. As usual, I had my glorious moments, think I am so good that I started bluffing somewhat recklessly, sent myself on tilt, lost a bunch, calm down, recover some loss, and so on. The same old cycle of death, maybe with a smaller amplitude than those I experienced before. So it isn't all bad.

February 21st hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?844607
Reraising an unknown with QQ, and facing resistance on an all-diamond undercard board. I had Qd and thought what the hey, I am not folding. I wasn't sure whether I like the 4th diamond, but at the end all was well.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?844608
Another QQ hand against another megadonk. He's known to pull crap moves like this, and the odd is 6 to 2 for him have a J or 4, rather than a 3, so it was an easy call. Nice try buddy.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?844611
I didn't feel particularly confident going all-in preflop with AK, but against an unknown shortie I figured that would be the best play. I got sucked out, fortunately only for a small amount.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?844614
A costly, failed bluff. As he called turn I knew he wasn't going to fold an Ace.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?844617
Another failed bluff. 'Nuff said.

February 28th hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863060
The best way to play hit draws OOP is to play straightforwardly i.e. bet them hard. Like here. Opponent improved to top 2-pairs with my straight card and couldn't lay down his hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863061
Set in a reraised pot. OzzyHH claimed that he laid down his flush draw, so it was a good bet on the turn by me. Even though the river was the gross-looking flush card I was too pot committed. After the hand I recalled that Hoelle99 was the preflop limp-reraiser so he most likely had a big pair and not a flush-drawing hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863064
I am really pleased with this hand, where I outplayed a non-donk opponent. Danpil was rather predictable, and I put him on a King. I didn't know he paired the 8 as well, but I am glad he did. I let him do all the betting until the river when I check-raised all in. He thought for a long hard while but couldn't get away.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863065
Wild play with KTs. Flopped flush draw, didn't hit, but the Ace on the turn combined with my opponent's smaller bet size led to me thinking opponent was scared. I raised, and combined with my preflop reraise, opponent had to think I had something like AK.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863066
With a hand like this I might as well lead out, coz if opponent doesn't have trip 9s he probably won't pay me off anyways. LOL @ opponent who played KK the way he did, although the end result would probably be the same even if he raised preflop. Obviously he didn't believe me and thought I was bluffing -- trying to represent trip 9s myself.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863067
This had been a bad table for me, but things were turning around. Here I raised preflop with 66, flopped a set and proceeded to destack a half-stacked player who had KQ and flopped top pair.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863068
I don't know whether this is good play or not. I told the world I was scared of the spade flush. Fortunately I induced a huge bluff from LP after I rivered a set that I didn't need and checked.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863071
I had a nice hand preflop, but by the turn I was playing the board. I fired 2 gutsy bluffs and they worked out perfectly. I guessed I represented the Q really well.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863077
Really bad play by me. Opponent was probably trying to represent the Queen, but I just called him down and lost a sizable pot to his Ace-rag.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?863079
Another moderate lost pot with JJ. I don't know what I can do here against somebody who limp-called preflop with QQ.

March 4th afternoon hands. This nice session saw me win about $75:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?876425
Lala001 just lost a huge pot moments ago to someone else, so here he must be still on tilt. I took advantage and found myself all-in for a full buy-in preflop with AA, and I prevailed.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?876426
A really bad break for an in-line opponent. The case Jack arrives on river -- that's the only card that would make him go broke, and he promptly did so by check-raising all-in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?876427
Calling a preflop raise with 97s, chasing a flush draw, turning it and getting fully paid off by top set. Opponent was steaming afterwards. Was my chase a debatable decision?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?876430
My two pairs turned into a full house, and my opponent went broke after he chased and hit his straight on the river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?876433
My flimsy pair of 8s was enough aganist this donk. Good stuff.

March 4th morning. It was a dismal start. I lost 3 pots with 2-card underflushes, one of them being the biggest lost pot of my life in terms of BBs (~$45+, 180 BBs). But I played hard to recover those losses, and I was successful. I started with 1860, bottomed out at ~1800 and wound up at 1877.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877030
To say that I was fucked here is a major understatement.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877031
QQ preflop all-in, only to run into KK. Too impetuous?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877037
Missed combo draw sucks. I knew opponent had an Ace and I wanted to see whether I can bluff him off it. Unfortunately the answer was no.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877039
Sets are so adorable. Another small set vs overpair situation, and I was fully paid.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877040
Opponent was trying to represent the flush himself. Unfortunately I had the flush myself, and I called his bluffs and picked up a huge pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877042
I picked off yet another huge bluff here. So I flopped an ass-end straight from the BB. I led out and was called. The turn cooperated. I checked and induced a bet from opponent, who proceeded to call my sizable check-raise. River was an unsightly 10. My check induced yet another huge bet from my opponent. IMO it's much more likely opponent was chasing with a 10 than a J, so I made a gutsy call and deservingly scooped up the pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877043
So I took a stab at the pot with middle pair top kicker after everyone checked to me. I got called, the turn brought me trip 10s, and I faced an all-in from my opponent. I called, and when all is set and done I had him outkicked. Opponent probably put me on a J instead.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877046
From his small flop bet I thought he was trying to trap me with QQ or 99, so I overbet shoved. I was glad he called, he had KJ instead and he didn't hit his gutshot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877048
Opponent was trying to trap me with KK, and paid dearly for his decision, as I flopped top set with QQ.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877050
Preflop raise with KJ, bricked on the flop so I checked. Turn brought me a straight draw, and my opponent led out overbet. Was he trying to buy the pot? Anyways, I called him down and was fortunate to river the straight. Better yet, the 9 gave opponent 2 pairs, and he called my raise to fulfill my implied odds.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877052
QQ, overpair against TP on flop, all-in. Had he been a full-stacked player I might find the fold button. But then he probably won't make the same play with a full stack.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877054
AA, all-in on flop against middle pair, and then got sucked out. Bummer.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?877056
Underflushed again. I wasn't about to make the same mistake (raise all-in) 3 times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home