A long Tuesday night session was anything but smooth-sailing, but at the end I was able to grind out $45+.
Some hands:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883787
I got underflushed again, this time 2nd nuts vs nuts, for a full buy-in. !#$%^&*?":$#.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883788
An undisciplined call. By the river my set is losing to a Jack alone, or a club flush. Opponent has not been out of line, and so the situation probably called for a fold. But I wasn't thinking at all.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883789
Another makable fold, but a lack of displine again cost me big. Opponent has been around a long time and has been very in-line, so he probably had a real hand by setting on one of the board cards. Lately I have been calling big bets that I induced with river checks indiscriminately, and while I have my moments of success (see 3 of the hands below), I think I need to consider the style of my opponent, and what happened earlier in the hand, in order to decide which bets were callable.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883790
I was glad to pick up a powerhouse hand against my megadonk opponent. Flop cooperated, and the turn brought me top set. This megadonk would actually fold to aggression, so on the river I threw out a killer value-check, made an easy insta-call and doubled up.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883792
I was about to call it a night when I picked up AA and was reraised preflop. What a dream situation. I 3-bet pushed, was called, and his QQ didn't improve. I still called it a night afterwards.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883793
Truly a big blind special. I was allowed to flop trip 7s with 72 in the BB. I checked the dry flop. Turn brought straight and flush draws, so I led out $1 and was called. River was the diamond 2 -- completing the flush while giving me a full house, and somebody paid dearly with the Ace-high flush.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883794
This time it's my turn check that induced a huge bet from my opponent. The bet was unreasonably large, so there's a good chance it's a bluff. I rivered the flush, not sure I liked it, but I check-called again and prevailed.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?883795
I usually don't call reraises with AJ but here I had position. By the feeble flop bet size I decided opponent had KK/QQ/JJ and didn't like the flop, and I was ahead. I put in a very small raise to keep him in there. I let turn check through, and when river was a blank I stuck with my read and called down my opponent. Turns out he had less than what I gave him credit for. Doesn't matter. Thanks for the money.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home