I took two steps back after a barn-burning Friday night session. Saturday I was up mild but ended up breaking even. Not many huge disasters, but no big pots either. And then Sunday night I donked off 2+ buy-ins. I was trying to emulate a tight-aggressive style both pre and postflop, with little success, which was an understatement.
Saturday afternoon hands:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930281
I thought my bottom 2 pairs was good in this raised pot. When StinkySteven said "AJ no good?" I was even more relieved, but Wake_state38 showed up with the case Jacks anyways.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930283
Terrible terrible terrible. I should ask myself whether an overpair would play that flop that way.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930284
My KK ran into AA again. Yikes.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930287
Semibluffing with a straight-flush draw, and hitting the straight flush on turn for a smallish pot.
Sunday night hands:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930289
I decided that it was too early to give up on my rockets, so I called, hoping to reevaluate turn, where I setted and proceeded to destack both opponents.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930290
The turn 7 reduced the number of outs for my hands against an overpair, but it also provided me with a bluffing opportunity, which I grabbed.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930291
Trying to semibluff my opponent off TPwK with a straight draw. Of course I was unsuccessful.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930292
I was quite lost in this hand. Fire2007 was a retarded straight-forward player, so she obviously had the 8. I feared that she boated with the turn Ace (which she did), and fortunately I was able to keep the pot small when all's set and done.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930293
I had no idea that opponent chased and hit his gutshot.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930294
Overpairs were unkind to me on this night. Here some shortie setted against my QQ and doubled up through me.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930295
KK, Another lost overpair. It turned out that both opponent who called me down had me beat.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?930296
Laying down KK. I don't know whether it's a good laydown, but my train of thought was: if I had shown tremendous strength (3-bet OOP preflop) and yet opponent came over the top (overbet all-in) he probably had me beat.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home