BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Friday was dismal. My reads deserted me, I made questionable plays and I got outdrawn multiple times. In general I just outplayed myself for -$100.

Saturday was a much better day. I recovered some Friday loss in the morning and turned in a good +$100 session in the afternoon.

When it's all set and done I have $2333 in my account. It is so nice to be able to set all-time highs every 2 or 3 days.

Numerous hands. Friday disasters:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897997
I was putting opponent on Ax, which meant my 77 would have a fair chance of holding up. Of course I was wrong.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897996
AQ, TP all the way to the river, opponent shoved. There were way too many hands that beat me, such as 65, slow-played set, A4, backdoor diamonds, etc. So I painfully laid it down.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897995
So I raised preflop with suited crap and flopped trips. Should be a great situation. I decided to check turn and hope that opponent would take a stab against the missed high cards that I were represented. Instead he checked behind, rivered hit set, and laid a beating on me. Very sad.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897994
AQ had been a major loser for me lately. Here I flopped TP while BB flopped 2 pairs, and I proceeded to hang myself.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897993
A costly failed bluff. Sometimes I should realize situations (like this) where I have zero fold equity.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897992
I turned my straight but my opponent rivered his higher straight. I was destacked again.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897991
Another lost huge pot. I had no idea opponent was drawing. Perhaps I should ask why he is only calling turn with a made hand.

Saturday morning hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897989
Another AQ hand. The river completed all kinds of draws, I refused to believe in my opponent and paid dearly.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897990
I just suffered from a big beat, so I was on mild tilt when I flopped a baby flush, so I pushed. Unfortunately somebody checked ahead with the nut flush.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897988
Finally a positive hand. My AcAd won me a big pot as my opponent decided to get involved with a pair of 7s.

Saturday afternoon hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897983
AK, TPTK, didn't hold up as my loose passive opponent rivered 2 pairs.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897982
Trying to catch someone bluffing with a missed straight draw. Turns out to be wishful thinking.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897980
Opponent was very tight, but I still failed to lay down my KK against his betting so I was rather disappointed in myself.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897979
A successful combo draw against 2 pairs. I hit the best out for an inconspicuous straight.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?897978
Another KK against AA hand, but this time I make sure I flop my set before going all-in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home