BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday afternoon I decided to play with my T8suited account, just to accumulate enough FPPs to cash out something. I first played 3 SNGs, lost the 1st one in the 1st hand, and played quite poorly in the other 2 but managed to suck out a 1st and a 3rd at the end.

And then I played some 6max while adopting a semi-loose passive strategy. It worked out rather neatly, and I avoided major losses and was up >2.5 buy-ins at the end of the session. I used my 1000+ FPPs to buy a book.

I continued to run hot at night. I was down early, but tore it up near the end for a net +200. I ended up with 7+ buy-ins ($180+) at one of the tables.

3 Friday afternoon hands -- all big wins. All hands were played with T8suited, and afterwards I converted T8suited in the history files back to BBQSquirrel:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?930276
A set against 2 top pair hands. It held up for a net gain of >1 buy-in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?930277
A successful floating attempt -- minimum check-raise with a missed PP, and then turning my set. Hang on -- what if opponent had AA or KK? Then I guess I deserved to lose. But he had AK only, and I'm sure he felt quite sick after the hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?930278
Limp-calling a raise preflop with AA. Things worked out splendidly, as the case Ace arrived to give me top set and opponent 2-pairs that he went broke with. Afterwards I consoled my opponent, suggesting to him that the same thing would have happened if we had each other's cards. That was probably not true -- he would have raised preflop and I would have folded.

Friday night hands. First some losses:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912783
I had no respect for FFL Force. Which was a bad thing, coz it turns out that he bet his good hands hard and straight-forwardly. I learned this only after I gift-wrapped him two buy-ins.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912783
Another lost buy-in, JJ vs KK.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912787
Another lost pot vs FFL Force. Even though he made the bad preflop call, I was the one who made the ultimate mistake, so I am not looking to call him an idiot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912788
This happened near the end of the session, and HeinWuppDich was the same person who sucked me out a few days ago with AT vs my T3 on a board of TT38A. Here I figured that T9s is worth a play in position against 2 full stacks, even in a reraised pot. I flopped the nuts, but by the betting I knew that at least one of them had to have a set, so when the board paired on the river I knew it was all over for me. It would've been a VERY nice pot if my hand held up.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912789
This happened early during the session. Needless to say, don't try this at home.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912790
Playing KK in a passive-retard manner doesn't always work. Like here when the preflop raiser flopped a small set, and I couldn't get away.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912791
Another misplayed KK hand, early in the session. =(

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912792
Failed bluff. 'Nuff said.

Here comes the fun part:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912806
This was probably the turning point of the night. I raised with suited crap, turned 2nd pair and called down on a flushy board for a decent pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912793
Biggest ever pot for me online. I actually thought about folding the set, but since my table image was bad, and I was just calling the flop raises, opponent had every reason to think that I'm on some draw and not a made hand. I called the massive all-in, and my set of 4s held up for a 5+ buy-in pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912795
I have already recovered a lot of the losses incurred earlier at this table, and here I added to my stack when I flopped an overhouse with JJ while my opponent had trip 7s.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912796
Abusing a nit part I. Squirrel God was very tight and in-line, and when he had to think twice before calling my flop all-in I knew he didn't have KK. I am glad that he called, and that my 2 pairs with suited crap held up.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912798
Abusing a nit part II. I reraised preflop with 97 unsuited, flopped trip 7s and destacked Squirrel God again.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912799
I received a perfect flop after raising with QJs preflop. Better yet, Katalkin decided it was a good time to get involved as he tried to semibluff me off the hand. I called down flop and a blank hit on the turn, providing Katalkin the opportunity to complete his suicide attempt.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912800
Interestingly, both I and my opponent were slowplaying good hands on that dry flop. I had the better hand though, and he couldn't fold his 2-pair hand to my serious turn 4-bet and river bet.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912803
Sizzlapoker is a regular at liquidpoker.net, and he is fairly tight and in line. I remember donking off a good chunk of money to him back in the full-ring days. Here I was able to exact some revenge when he failed to lay down TPGK against my 2 pairs and my betting.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?912805
Playing a big pair passively. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Here it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home