Wednesday evening was another slightly disappointing session, -$27 while 5-tabling 6-max 25NL.
Most of the losses were encountered at one table where I was a punching bag. I also attempted to trap /slow-play twice (see below) and both times it backfired. 8 hands below -- and a few big losses, so I was surprised I only lost $27 overall.
The Ugly:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805255
Very early in the session I got this very rude welcome. Another underset, another massive loss.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805274
Flopped set, but I quickly screwed it up big time. I hate myself.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805471
I don't know why I didn't check-raise his feeble bet on the flop. Another trap-setting attempt went bad, another deserving loss.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805307
Missed combo draw. I wasn't thinking what my opponent could possibly have. As played, my line really sucked. Either push flop (where I was actually a slight favorite) or check turn for the free card. This spelled the end of a miserable session at this table.
The Bad:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805281
At times this was how loose-aggressive I was playing. After two checks it was clear that opponent had a missed AK so I scooped up the pot with my pair of 10s.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805519
SB vs BB preflop, I check-raised big with AKs. It turned into a massive preflop all-in fair. Opponent thought for a long while before shoving. Would he need to hesitate if he has a big pair?
The Good:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805278
I redeemed myself with this hand against the same opponent who I earlier donked off my set of 3s to. My image at the table was pretty bad, and hence my big-stacked opponent called me down with middle pair all the way to river, where he improved to 2-pairs and fully paid off my check-raise.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?805288
Many hands ago I already identified this opponent as loose-passive, i.e. someone whose stack should belong to me. I got exactly that opportunity here -- I made a full house with suited crap and destacked my opponent who raised preflop with 99 but went broke unimproved.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home