Monday evening I played a brief session. It was quite brief -- maybe 1.5 hours long -- while I was three-tabling 25NL 6-max. I ran into many weak players and made some serious money -- ~$95 even after I donked off a buy-in early on (see below).
The cards mostly cooperated during this session, but even when they didn't, I was able to get away with crap (like raising with 54 preflop and taking down the pot with a continue-bet on a QQ8 flop) or semibluffs.
Tuesday saw me play a brief morning session. I won about $30 in 1.5 hour. It took me a while to get into a groove. I left with $40+ on each of my 4 tables but only after I partially rebought on a couple of them.
NL25 6-max is really fun. I get to exploit the weak players more frequently -- and there are definitely more fish around compared to the 9-player tables. Most people play way too passively (and hence easy to read) for a 6-man table. When I was in position and my opponents were check-calling, I knew they were on some middle pair / small pocket-pair / draw only so I was able to bet top-pair no kicker type hands confidently.
Monday evening hands:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?799177
"Don't got broke with an unimproved small pocket pair" -- something that I didn't remind myself of in this hand. I have taken a lot of crap from this opponent before, so I decided to stand up here. Unfortunately my timing was quite off.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?799142
Hitting a dream flop after raising a flimsy hand (J9) preflop. Opponent must be putting me on an overpair -- that had to be why he was willing to go to war with his bottom 2-pair hand. I wasn't thrilled with the 10 on the turn coz I was putting him on a set, but my hand held up at the end.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?799153
I have seen alanrossoni reraise with some medium pocket pairs or flimsy broadway cards in the SB before, so I stuck with my KQs. I flopped top pair and waited for a harmless turn to raise. Had the river been not a Jack I might have value-bet again, but regardless I took down a nice pot by outkicking my opponent.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?799151
I wasn't sure what I was doing in the hand, but regardless I completed an improbable running straight that I wasn't trying to hit, albeit on a paired board. Alanrossoni came over the top and shoved -- WTF? Slow-playing trip 8s and/or boating up? Or has he taken enough crap and decided to stand up against me? Anyways, I reasoned that it would be more likely for him to have A8, 98 or 87 (as opposed to J8) to call a preflop raise, so I made a bold call. Turns out opponent was making a gutsy bluff with a busted flush draw. There was no way he put me on Q9.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?799155
First hand at a table, flopped set, nice. I had no idea opponent was on a good draw. Had he checked turn it would be more difficult to extract any more money out of the hand. I was glad he decided to continue representing a made hand and shove his remaining $7+.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?799159
Flopped straight draw, turned it. How about the play of NilleAlla -- nice miniraise on the flop to protect his 2 pairs against draws.
Tuesday morning hands:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?798982
Perfect turn, completing my free gutshot draw. Pipapaddo was loose and not very good. I didn't like the 9 on the river, which was the top card on the flop. Could I have made a larger value bet?
http://www.pokerhand.org/?798983
Early on at a table. Opponent didn't 3-bet with AA preflop, and allowed me to catch a miracle house after I reraised him with suited crap. Fun stuff.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?798986
Flopped straight with 74s in the BB. Some opponent called with a flush draw, paired up an overcard on turn and raised my big turn bet. My hand held up, and I collected a modest pot.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home