Monday the 8th was another winning day. I started @ ~1425 and ended with ~$1500 so you could see everything was going well.
I played a very brief ~20 minute session at school. I sat down to the left of some huge-stack maniac and was targeting him throughout. Unfortunately such an opportunity never arose. I did however get involved twice in three consecutive hands. The 1st hand I had Q5 in BB and bet out 3x on flop and 6x on turn, with UTG, who wasn't a gem of a player, calling twice. I checked the river, board was Q9696 no flush, and I induced a 20x ($5 ) bluff from UTG who had T8s (a busted double gutshot).
Two hands later this happened -- http://www.pokerhand.org/?724720
This isn't really anything unusual, just AA vs KK preflop all-in, not even against my orignial target. Unfortunately for me I got bad-beaten here. Bummer. I was gone after that.
However I quickly rebuilt my bankroll late in the evening. I 4-tabled and played solid tight aggressive pretty much throughout. I had the PokerTracker software running in the background, and I was running at a solid 19 (VP$IP -- voluntarily put $ into pot) /10 (preflop raise %) and 18/6 at my 2 winningest tables. Good cards certainly didn't hurt -- I remember flopping 3 sets, got all-in on the flop against AA in 2 hands, and gradually destacking a semi-short-stacked player who had TPwK in the third hand (TT vs K5, board KT3). One of the former 2 hands resulted in another bad-beat (http://www.pokerhand.org/?725306, set with 88, opponent caught his Ace on turn), but a suckout by me later at a different table (AA against 2 donks, one of them had a real hand -- http://www.pokerhand.org/?725304) pretty much evened things up.
I also use PT to analyse my opponents in order to help me make the best decisions. For example, somebody raised 5x on the button, I called with JJ in SB, flop was 972, and everybody checked to button who bet pot (20x). I looked him up and realized he has never made a preflop raise over 50 hands. I quickly folded my Jacks.
My other 2 big hands were as follows:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?725303
This is the other set -- with 77 against AA. Ja Hunta is a regular poster @ liquidpoker.net so I figure he is quite knowledgable. Fortunately for me he couldn't get away from his hand.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?725308
I limp-called with a marginal hand (T8 offsuit) on the button, flopped a good draw and paid cheap to hit it. On the blank river card (a Queen) SB, the initial preflop raiser, shoved. It's rather unlikely that he raised with JT in SB preflop, so it was an easy call for me. Turned out he only had KK......what a donk.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home