The past few days I made some money. I am now up to ~785. However I am anything but pleased by the way I was playing.....selective aggression with too little selectivity and too much aggression. I caught some cards and got some fish to pay me off. However I made my share of rookie mistakes, like chasing bad draws, making unnecessary preflop raises crying calls and trying untimely bluffs......all resulting in sizable losses. Or I could be trying to stick around and playing loose on a non-fishy table for too long trying to avenge my losses.
Here are my self evaluations:
1) Play fewer tables. 3 should be max at this stage.
2) Find another table and don't try to avenge losses to respectable players.
3) Don't let emotions get the better of myself. Don't overbet, even vs. a calling station only because he sucked me out before.
4) Play more tightly preflop. Don't always raise with suited connectors.
5) Remember. "Avarice leads to poverty". Don't get involved in marginal situations. Don't reraise or call if I am very possibly beat.
Here are some of the highlights (and lowlights) and self-comments:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?669180
What a suckout by me. However on the flop I already told myself that I'm going all the way with this hand no matter what. Had he reraised preflop I might be aware that I am behind.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?672527
Fortunately for me my opponent was a fish and fed me all his money as my JJ was good on this 9-high board.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?672529
My 1st big hand at the A254 computer......flopping a set with 33 and getting 3 others to go all-in. Scary turn and ugly river, but thank God no one had a 9 or 7, which was wierd judging from the flop actions.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?672733
Another JJ hand. This time I flopped a set on a drawy board. Some donk overbet-pushed the turn. I was fearing T9, but I called anyways. Fortunately for me he had 2 pairs instead.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675572
Flopped set with 33 again. Got 2 people to call my all-in with questionable hands.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675573
Flopped trips with 62s after calling a minimum preflop raise in the blinds. Perfect card on the turn......giving opponent straight and me a full house.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675586
Loose preflop call worked out great. My nitty opponent actually can't lay down AA on this board against my betting.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675587
Opponent slow-played his set of queens, gave me a free turn card which completed my gutshot straight draw, before decided to go all-in.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675600
Calling a bluff with Ace-high. I could read that guy like a book.
Here comes the horror show:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675590
Chasing a King-high flush, hit it, and paid off the Ace-high flush. I was expecting the Ace-high flush draw to raise the flop. Oh well, he didn't. But I should know better; people are allowed to play draws passively or aggressively.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675591
Flopped a good 12-draw, apparently extra outs on turn, I check-raised opponent all-in, damn, couldn't get him fold, rivered 2-pairs but not good enough. Bye bye money.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675592
Don't semibluff a mediocre opponent. Rather, try to have him pay me off even after I hit. Or simply call preflop and fold flop.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?675606
Mistake 1: Why not 3-bet preflop to isolate? If I decide to get fancy with my big pairs I should also prepare to lay them down against resistance. Mistake 2. Fold flop. Too much action around......wait for a better spot. Mistake 3. Fold turn. Why would he cold call such a big raise and then push turn? Because he's got trip 10s (at least). I was absolutely fucking retarded. I have no one to blame but myself.
Now go out there and play better.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home