BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Thursday, December 07, 2006

My climb back to respectability went well. I reverted back to a passive style......limp more hand, chase cheap draws and rely on implied odds. Running into bad opponents certainly doesn't hurt me either.

I had a good session yesterday evening. At the tables were numerous mice who like to minibet and miniraise. Somebody min-bet with a set of 3s on all 3 street. Another player flopped quads with 33 in BB and the action went check through, check-call min-bet and finally check through, board was 33AQJ. Curiously UTG was mousing around with AK, while I had QT on the button and lost (of course). My big hand of the session was 55, calling a 4x PFR, flopped set on a 57T board, 2 spades (http://www.pokerhand.org/?656646). I bet half pot and UTG check-called. Turn was a queen, and UTG min. check-raised my 18x bet. I shoved and he called. He had KQ of spades, and didn't catch his flush on the river. I win another modest pot with a good read, as I called a small PFR with A5s, flopped a 5 and turn an Ace which gave me 2 pairs. I milked some money from UTG who can't let go AQ. The entire session I didn't get outdrawn or bad-beat much. At the end I was back up to 440+.

I also dragged myself out of bed at 7am for an early morning session. Another profitable session. There were some feeble players around. But it was a rocky start. At one table I called an all-in from a late position shortie for 30+x, me holding red unsuited AK, board A94 all clubs. He had 33 with a club and rivered a set on me. Looked like a very bad beat, but he actually had 11 outs. Next on the same table I had QJ in MP and bet out weakly--4x and 5x, on a board of Q7372. I checked the river, LP fish bet 12x!? I called, he had 22 and rivered a house on me. I rebought $10 twice and finally caught a break, as I semibluffed 3x to 8x on the flop and turned a 2nd nut flush w/ QTs and beat button's 3rd nut flush w/ J4s. I played it feebly, though. Button raised me on the turn and river. He had only $3 behind and I didn't bother putting him all-in. Later I had KK and sagely averted disaster when a respectable EP limp-called my raise and checked ahead on all 3 streets. I bet 5x and 8x before checking behind on a board of 3985A. He flopped a set with 33. I would have checked behind even without the Ace anyways. I won a lot of moderate-sized pots by value-betting some feeble top pair hands like Q9 on a 963 board or T9 on a T53 board, as fishy players called me with middle pair. Near the end I won another hand feebly, and I had black queens in SB and raised 4x. Flop 642 all hearts. I bet like 10x, 2 callers. Yikes. Turn 4. I slowed down and bet 15x into a 40x pot and was called. River was the queen of diamonds giving me a house. I bet 20x, MP folded. In retrospect I should've bet much bigger on the turn. If he had the Ace of hearts he actually had 12 outs on me making it correct for him to call. At the end of the session I was up at 490. Morning sessions don't come much nicer than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home