BBQSquirrel's Blog

My online poker adventures

Sunday, January 07, 2007

My 10 best hands in 2006 (since I started recording them)

My definition of an interesting hand is a hand that involves a big pot and extremely good or extremely bad play.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?618860

Opponent, a total donk, played his AA the worst possible way, allowing me to catch a running straight for free and then fully paid me off!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?660877
QQ against a maniac -- I pushed on the flop of 467. Had it been another player I would play the hand more cautiously. But not against this player. Turns out he had a good draw, and I was only a slight favorite, but my overpair held up.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?587053
A set played extremely fast -- massive overbet all-in on the flop, and opponent called.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?662993
This hand has been posted before. I led out with the flopped full house, allowing my opponent to pay a fairly cheap price for a flush draw, and then pay me more (fully) after he hit.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?652540

Another hand that I posted before. Raising with suited crap (Q3d) preflop. I took my free card on flop and turned 2-pairs, and my opponent called my push. Rivering the full house was just overkill.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?631445
Defending my completed small blind. Turns out he had a real hand, but I flopped a good draw, check-raised opponent all-in and hitting my out on the river after I was called.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?636736
Raising preflop with T4s is probably a losing play in the long run, but here I got my opponent's stack when he flopped TPTK and I had trips. The spades on the board were scary but at the end I prevailed.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?656640

Flopped set with 88. I went for a check-raise on this flop, and it worked out charmingly. I was able to get SB to overcommit with TPwK.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?657136
Opponent underbet the flop allowing me to silently runner-runner an improbable full house with suited crap in BB, and my undetectable hand was fully paid off.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?609590
I flopped middle set with 66 and some donk check-raised me all-in with TP. Fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home